EST

1886

_

 
AdobeStock_83054384.jpeg
 

WELCOME TO WCM LEGAL


NOW INCORPORATING MAJOR GOODING & PARTNERS

WCM Legal is a full service law firm providing advice in all areas of the law to individuals and businesses in the lower North Island of New Zealand and beyond. Our Principals, Associates, Solicitors and Consultants have considerable combined experience and expertise in all areas of New Zealand Law, from straightforward conveyancing matters, to family and criminal court proceedings, and complex commercial and civil litigation. 

we take pride in providing approachable, friendly and cost effective legal service.

WCM Legal is excited to welcome Lindsay Gribben and the team at Major Gooding & Partners in Masterton to the rest of the firm in Carterton, Greytown, Featherston and Wellington. This increases the diverse geographical scope of the business, so we are truly your local lawyers.

 
 

EST

1886

_

 
AdobeStock_73110339.jpeg
 

OUR HISTORY


The firm now called WCM Legal is the amalgamation of five firms. In 1981 Ian and Peter Wollerman of Major Gooding & Wollerman in Carterton, and Ed Cooke and Keith McClure of Thompson Tate Cullinane & Cooke in Greytown merged their practices, and also took over the practice of H W Banks in Featherston, to become Wollerman Cooke & McClure. It was renamed WCM Legal in December 2006.

In 2012 WCM Legal merged with Michael Bale and Kirsten Townsley, practising as Wilson & Co in Wellington.

And now, in 2016, Lindsay Gribben of Major Gooding & Partners, the Masterton "head office" of the former Major Gooding & Wollerman, has brought that firm back to the WCM Legal family.  

The Greytown office is the oldest, and can trace its links back to W.G. Beard who set up in Greytown in 1874 and then sold the practice to Colonel RW Tate in 1886. In the firm’s early days Mr Tate acted for the Small Farms Association, the Greytown Trust Lands Trust and many early settler families whose descendants have used the firm as their lawyers since its beginning and continue to do so.

The Carterton office traces its roots back to the 1890s and the practice of Hart Tucker and Daniell, continuing as a branch office of a Masterton practice until 1955 when Ian Wollerman took up the position of resident partner. Sadly, he passed away in Melbourne, Australia early in 2015. In December 2006 the office moved into the totally refurbished former Wairarapa Electric Power Board building in Memorial Square. WCM Legal is pleased to have been involved in the restoration of this magnificent Heritage Building.

 
 

EST

1886

_

 
AdobeStock_65439772.jpeg
 

OUR LOCATIONS


With five locations spanning the Wairarapa and Wellington region, WCM Legal have you covered. Our offices are listed on our contact page and our Principals, Solicitors, Associates and Consultants located in each office can be found on our people page.

 
 

EST

1886

_

 
AdobeStock_67493342.jpeg